Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shredding the pow!!


Happy Birthday to my Mom today! She would be turning the big 60 if she were still around, which I'm pretty sure she is because it was a beautiful bluebird day at Squaw, lots of fresh, deep powder to shred, and the sun was beaming down. I'm pretty certain that was thanks to her.

Snowboarding is definitely a great way to burn calories! My legs are beat after moving around that much powder! The trick at Squaw on a Saturday is to try and avoid the gapers...aka
Guaranteed Accident Prone on Every Run! I did unfortunately have an unavoidable collision with one gaping Bay-area klutz, but it was not too bad for a weekend-warrior day. Rachel (my besty) and I were able to make it to Silverado just before they opened the flood gates. It's pretty intense to witness the herds rush down for fresh lines at Squaw when a new run is open. All in all, a successful Saturday of snowboarding.

Well, I just wanted to give a shout out to my Mom on her birthday! The photo attached is of the two of us shredding the gnarly powder at Heavenly just a few months before she passed. She was a rock-star, obviously. I'm off to walk Ted then do some stretching at A Sante this afternoon. I've gotta keep these worn-out legs from getting too sore!

1 comment:

  1. Your mom was such a beautiful woman, Jenny, and I love the picture! She's smiling down on you!

    ReplyDelete